[gst-devel] Compiling dshowsrcwrapper

William Lee william at breezecapsule.com
Thu Aug 6 15:11:50 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm answering my own question. I finally got it building in Visual C++
2008 Express Edition. I followed the instruction at
http://www.gstreamer-winbuild.ylatuya.es/doku.php?id=developers

Recap on the steps I took:

1) Download and install Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
2) SVN checkout http://ossbuild.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
3) Install all the dependencies as described in the checked out
ReadMe.txt (Perl, Python, PyObject)
4) Run Download.bat in Main/GStreamer
5) Run Generate.bat in Main/GStreamer
6) Open GStreamer.sln in Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
7) Ignore warnings that some of the actions and properties cannot be
loaded. This seems to be caused by the fact that Express Edition is
stripped down so certain project properties will not available but the
project will still load.
8) Very important! Switch to 'Release' option. Only the 'release'
option seems to be supported.
9) Rebuild the solution
10) This will build the gstreamer DLL, gst-inspect, gst-launch,
gst-xmlinspect and plugins into
Build\Windows\Win32\Release\bin\gstreamer.

Enjoy

William