[gst-devel] My H.264 encoder cound not work well with the MP4 muxer

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Aug 11 13:56:29 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Chen, Weian<weian.chen at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>

> I am developing an H.264 encoder element, and with pipeline: gst-launch
> videotestsrc ! myencoder ! filesink location=test.264 I can dump the
> test.264 data, and also I can decoder it.
>

> But when I use pipeline: gst-launch videotestsrc ! myencoder ! mp4mux !
> filesink location=test.mp4 I could not get any output, and the size of
> test.mp4 is 0.
>

> Could anybody here give me some hint what’s the problem in my encoder? Why
> my encoder could not work with the MP4 muxer?

You've given far too little information for us to help. What caps are
produced by your encoder? What's set on the buffers you push? Etc.

> Thanks in advanced.
>

> BTW: I got the warning :  (gst-launch-0.10:17032): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
> gst_value_set_fraction: assertion `denominator != 0' failed How to fix it?

Something's trying to set a fraction (possibly a framerate) with a
denominator of 0 - if you set G_DEBUG=fatal_warnings, you can run in
gdb and see what's triggering this, and thus debug it.

Mike