[gst-devel] RTSP playback: audio/video synchornization problem(H264+aac)

firerock little.fire.rock at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:27:35 CEST 2009

Hi, all.

I have met a problem for A/V synchronization for RTSP. And I hope here
someone can give me some suggestions.

I have a rtsp server sending H264+ aac stream, and a client using"
gst-launch playbin uri=rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/test.mp4 " to play the stream.
I can see the video and hear the audio, but audio and video are not in
synchronization. The timestamp of audio seems not correct and complains
about"

"WARNING: from element
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstBin:abin/GstAutoAudioSink:audiosink/GstAlsaSink:audiosink-actual-sink-alsa:
Compensating for audio synchronisation problems
Additional debug info:
gstbaseaudiosink.c(1462): gst_base_audio_sink_render ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstBin:abin/GstAutoAudioSink:audiosink/GstAlsaSink:audiosink-actual-sink-alsa:
Unexpected discontinuity in audio timestamps of more than half a second
(0:00:00.512000000), resyncing  "

The video will stop and play every several seconds and the audio is not
continuous and repeating. I have used
"  GST_DEBUG=*rtp*:5 gst-launch -v playbin
uri=rtsp://127.0.0.1/test.mp4>debug2.log 2>&1 " to log the info,
debug2.log is attached.

And My gstreamer version is as follows:

ii  gstreamer-tools
0.10.24-1                                  Tools for use with GStreamer
ii  gstreamer0.10-alsa
0.10.22-5                                  GStreamer plugin for ALSA
ii  gstreamer0.10-audiosink
0.10.22                                    GStreamer virtual audio plugins
from the "good" set
ii  gstreamer0.10-esd
0.10.14-1                                  GStreamer plugin for ESD
ii  gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
0.10.6.2-1ubuntu2                          FFmpeg plugin for GStreamer
ii  gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs
0.10.22-5                                  GStreamer plugin for GnomeVFS
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-base
0.10.24-1                                  GStreamer plugins from the "base"
set
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-base-apps
0.10.24-1                                  GStreamer helper programs from
the "base" set
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
0.10.14-1                                  GStreamer plugins from the "good"
set
ii gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
0.10.11-2ubuntu1                       GStreamer plugins from the "bad" set
ii  gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio
0.10.14-1                                  GStreamer plugin for PulseAudio
ii  gstreamer0.10-tools
0.10.24-1                                  Tools for use with GStreamer
ii  gstreamer0.10-x
0.10.24-1                                  GStreamer plugins for X11 and
Pango
ii  libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0
0.10.24-1                                  GStreamer libraries from the
"base" set
ii  libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev
0.10.22-5                                  GStreamer development files for
libraries from the "base" set
ii  libgstreamer0.10-0
0.10.24-1                                  Core GStreamer libraries and
elements
ii  libgstreamer0.10-dev
0.10.22-1                                  GStreamer core development files
ii  python-gst0.10
0.10.14-1ubuntu1                           generic media-playing framework
(Python bindings)

And all these gstreamer package are aligned with ubuntu jaunty(9.04).

If anyone have met such problem or have solve such issues, please give me a
suggestion or anything else. I will appreciate for your help. Thanks.