[gst-devel] Whether GstBaseSinkClass's render callback function may be entered between PAUSE ASYNC and PAUSE Done

qing zhang - 张庆 qing.zhang at access-company.com
Thu Aug 13 12:17:29 CEST 2009

Hi all

I'm developing a sink based on GstBaseSink. And I have two over-load functions:
GST_ELEMENT_CLASS (g_class)->change_state = mychange_state;
GST_BASE_SINK_CLASS (g_class)->render = myrender;

When my sink change state from PLAYING to PAUSE, I need to do someting in mychange_state() after GstBaseSink's gst_base_sink_change_state() done, and the things I do may cause myrender() blocked.

So I want to sure whether myrender() may be called by GstBaseSink even after gst_base_sink_change_state()'s GST_STATE_CHANGE_PLAYING_TO_PAUSED is executed.

Could anybody here give me some hint?

Thanks in advanced.

BR
Kogou