[gst-devel] 'aggregator' element

Dan Taylor dan.taylor9 at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 14 10:19:00 CEST 2009

William Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there an 'aggregator' element that can take n-inputs and output
> them to 1 input? I'm looking for an element that can do a reverse of
> 'tee'. I can see there are many elements that provide muxing for
> specific type of audio data, but I'm after a generic one that can
> merge data received from multiple sources (e.g. udpsrc) into one
> packet stream that can be decoded downstream.
>
> Cheers,
>
> William

Please, define "merge".  Sample questions:

Interleave specific sequences of bytes/frames (10 from input 0, 10 from
input 1, ...)?
Specific order or as available?
If ordered, what to do with accumulated input from !n (where n is a port
that has no data for some time)?
If as available, what policy for balancing input accumulation in output
stream?

Provide a transport stream composed of the individual inputs, converting
them to program streams (muxer)?

For audio-only mix the inputs to one output, like a multi-track studio
mixer?

Something else?