[gst-devel] no audio when file with audio-video streams is played

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Wed Aug 19 07:39:39 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am writing an application to play a media file.
1. The audio doesn't play at all when both audio & video pads
generated by demuxer are connected to separate bins
called audio & video bins.
2. when I discard the video pad and connect only audio pad to
audio bin I am able to hear the audio.

The same file plays well with playbin. And I am using the elements
as in playbin.

*Observation:*
1. On catching bus messages for warning I get this message
"*Compensating for audio synchronisation problems*"
2. The video pad is generated first & then the audio pad

*The playbin elements are as below:*
filesrc->mpegtsdemux
->ffdec_h264->ffmpegcolorspace->videoscale->xvimagesink

->mad->audioconvert->audioresample->alsasink

Can someone please suggest some ideas on this?

Thanks,
Jyoti