[gst-devel] dshowaudiosrc and directsoundsink

William Lee william at breezecapsule.com
Wed Aug 19 09:51:02 CEST 2009

Hi all,
Has anyone successfully used dshowaudiosrc and directsoundsink in the same
pipeline? The captured sound coming out of the directsoundsink is very
choppy. Setting debug level to 3 show the following warning message
repeatedly.

0:00:02.046000000  5684   00B4C418 WARN         baseaudiosink
gstbaseaudiosink.c:962:gst_base_audio_sink_skew_slaving:<directsoundsink0>
correct clock skew 6382050 > 5000000
0:00:02.049000000  5684   00B4C418 WARN         baseaudiosink
gstbaseaudiosink.c:962:gst_base_audio_sink_skew_slaving:<directsoundsink0>
correct clock skew 5833153 > 5000000

My pipeline is dshowaudiosrc ! directsoundsink. I have tried adding queue,
audioconvert and audioresample to the pipeline without much success. However
if I use dshowaudiosrc and filesink to capture the raw stream to file and
playing the file back using filesrc and directsoundsink, the captured audio
seems to be fine.

Much appreciated if anyone has experience using these two elements together.

William

--

William Lee @ Breeze Capsule
Email: william at breezecapsule.com