[gst-devel] run-time adjust fps

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Aug 20 20:49:20 CEST 2009

2009/8/20 Thành Trung Nguyễn <trungnthut at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if we can adjust video fps using capsfilter element at run-time ?
> If we can do that, please tell me how.

Do you want to adjust the actual number of frames per second (by
inserting new frames; either duplicates or using some more complex
technique, or dropping frames)? For this, you can use the videorate
element (followed by a capsfilter specifying the desired framerate).

Or do you want to override the declared framerate on some video (and,
presumably, override the actual timestamps to match your new
framerate)? For this, I think you might need to write a new element -
it'd be very simple though.

Or, do you want to just play back the video content at a different
framerate? For this, you can send a seek event specifying a rate of
other than 1.0 to the pipeline.

Just putting a capsfilter by itself in won't help you - capsfilter
only filters the existing caps, so it won't work if you're specifying
a different framerate from the input.

Mike