[gst-devel] Keep a video buffer and recover a frame for a given timestamp

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Aug 24 15:34:36 CEST 2009

Mailing List SVR schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm developing a basic video player for a video for linux device, I would like to see the video with low latency but also fill a memory buffer with for example the last 30 seconds of the video and recover a frame based on timestamp, is this possible using gstreamer (maybe using gst.Buffer)?

gst-buffer is a buffer. I don't see how you can do it with existing
plugins. Do you want to replay from within the last 30 sec?. Then you
could probably do a variant of a queue element, that keeps the last n
sec. and allows to seek with there. Maybe using queue2 with a
file-system cache is even enough already (haven't tried it).

Stefan