[gst-devel] Fwd: gst avimux problem

David Schleef ds at entropywave.com
Mon Aug 24 20:22:41 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:11:52PM +0800, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> That sounds like a good plan for both of us. Anything I should do to
> get that going?
>
> Kind regards,
> Ronald
>
> On Aug 13, 2009, at 6:50 PM, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <uraeus at linuxrising.org
>  > wrote:
>
> > Hi Ronald,
> > My guess is that the main reason you keep getting these emails is that
> > your name and email is still listed in the Author field of a lot of
> > plugins. So what we could do is switch your email in the factory field
> > to that of the gstreamer-devel mailing list if you want to not
> > continue
> > getting these emails.
> >
> > Christian

I'm starting to think that the Author: field has outlived its
usefulness.  For several elements that I originally wrote and
am listed as an Author: (qtdemux, appsrc), others have continued
on much more successfully, and I have very little knowledge of
them.  On the other hand, there are lots of elements that I have
detailed knowledge of (oggdemux, theoradec) that I have studied
a lot, but am not listed as Author.  (And worse, the email that
is listed is non-functional.)

Since people are often fooled into thinking that the listed
email address is a support contact, I think it would be a good
idea to change the author field of all elements in core/base/good/
ugly to the dev list, possibly with a list of people (not emails)
afterward that "know stuff about this element".

dave...