[gst-devel] how to convert an RGB24 byte array with jpegenc without 'appsrc' plugin?

Wed Aug 26 09:40:07 CEST 2009

Hi all.
I'm trying to use GStreamer in order to encode (and decode) an image stored
in an RGB24 byte array using the jpegenc plugin directly in an application.
The image is acquired via a camera in raw format and it is converted in
RGB24. Prior to save this image on a SD card, I need to convert it in JPG
and encrypt it via libgcrypt.
The problem is that I do not have a src or a sink for my pipeline but only
an input and an output array (C-language speaking).

Unfortunately, I'm developing on an embedded platform and I can use only the
GStreamer version 0.10.15 in wich there is not the more recent base plugin
called "app" that can be used to pass buffers as input or output.

So the question is: is it possible to use a "partial" pipeline like that:
ffmpegcolorspace ! jpegenc
using a GstBuffer as input of ffmpegcolorspace plugin and another as output
of jpegenc?

I hope I was intelligible...

Thank you!

Alessandro