[gst-devel] glupload, glimagesink openGL question

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:31:39 CEST 2009

Hi

> I would like to obtain video from a stream and send it to my openGL based
> application, and draw the frames there.
> My idea is use glupload to obtain openGL textures and then load these into
> the application through appsink.

You won't need any gl-based stuff if you use appsink, because it will
pass raw buffers in memory.

> * Question: there is a better way to pass the textures to my app instead of
> appsink ?

You can, however share the openGL context between glimagesink and your
application so that you don't need to upload frames manually. See
tests/examples/clutter/cluttershare as example.

>  * Question: what glupload ! glimagesink do?

glimagesink uses glupload internally, so you don't need it for using
glimagesink. You need glupload only if you want to filter the frames
using opengl (ex: glupload ! gleffects effect=2 ! glimagesink)

Florent