[gst-devel] glupload, glimagesink openGL question

Tristan Matthews tristan at sat.qc.ca
Wed Aug 26 17:52:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

Florent wrote:
>> I would like to obtain video from a stream and send it to my openGL based
>> application, and draw the frames there.

Would your application be in the same process as your gstreamer
pipeline? If not, you won't be able to share gl contexts if you're using
direct rendering. From
http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/xhtml/glXCreateNewContext.xml:

            .... direct-rendering contexts cannot be shared outside a
single process,
            and they may be unable to render to GLX pixmaps.

If you don't want it in the same process, you could use appsink, pass
the buffers to some shared memory and in your GL process upload these
buffers to GL textures.

Sorry if this is an aside, I've been working on something similar so I
thought I would pass the information along.

Best,

Tristan