[gst-devel] Detect the Bitrate of stream

LearnerMan wanting2learn at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 16:31:44 CET 2009

Hi I have to detect the bitrate and GOP size of a stream.

I see an example for detecting the frame size like so:

read_video_props (GstCaps *caps)
{
  gint width, height;
  const GstStructure *str;

  g_return_if_fail (gst_caps_is_fixed (caps));

  str = gst_caps_get_structure (caps, 0);
  if (!gst_structure_get_int (str, "width", &width) ||
      !gst_structure_get_int (str, "height", &height)) {
    g_print ("No width/height available\n");
    return;
  }

  g_print ("The video size of this set of capabilities is %dx%d\n",
	   width, height);
}

Can I use this same method for detecting the bitrate?  If so what parameter
do I use instead of "width" and "height"?

thanks