[gst-devel] Question on re-do playback with self-developed elements

Chen, Weian weian.chen at intel.com
Fri Dec 4 06:55:22 CET 2009

Hi All

videodecoder and videosink is the element developed by us, and we use these two elements to playback videos, following is the steps:

1. Launch totem player with a content

2. Do playback

3. After reaching the end of stream (EOS)

re-do playback from GUI

And every time we re-do playback we can get following warnings:
First time
Nothing

Second time:
(totem:751): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
Trying to dispose element videosink1, but it is not in the NULL state.
You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.

Third time:
(totem:751): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
Trying to dispose element videosink2, but it is not in the NULL state.
You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.

Forth time:
(totem:751): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
Trying to dispose element videosink3, but it is not in the NULL state.
You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.

Could anybody here give me some hint on what's the problem here?

And why the number after videosink will increase? (videosink1, videosink2, videosink3, ....)

Thanks in advanced.

Weian Chen
Ultra Mobility Group
Intel Corporation