[gst-devel] Question on re-do playback with self-developed elements

Chen, Weian weian.chen at intel.com
Fri Dec 4 07:17:48 CET 2009

Thanks, Mike, please see following.

thanks,

Weian

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Smith [mailto:msmith at xiph.org]
Sent: 2009年12月4日 14:02
To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Question on re-do playback with self-developed elements

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Chen, Weian <weian.chen at intel.com> wrote:

> Could anybody here give me some hint on what’s the problem here?

I guess some of the downwards state changes are failing. It's hard to

say why - something inside your code.

> And why the number after videosink will increase? (videosink1, videosink2,

> videosink3, ….)

GStreamer gives elements a unique name (unless the application

provides a name). So, every time totem creates a new video sink, it

gets an incremented number as part of the automatically-created name.

[Weian] After playing a video, will totem de-construct the pipeline or just set the state to NULL?

Mike

http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev

gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net