[gst-devel] pygst tagging

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Dec 10 22:59:58 CET 2009

Am 05.12.2009 23:06, schrieb regomodo:
> Hi,
>
> Currently in my application I am using tagpy for audio-file tagging duties. I
> have seen that it is possible to use pygst for this instead. However, I can't
> find any documentation to figure out how to do so.
>
> Is there any documentation to do this? Would pygst allow tagging of aac files?

It not very straight forward. You would basically remux the files and when doing
that replace the metadata. Reading the metadata is easy. The more difficult part
would be to choose the right muxer for the demuxer in use. Then you would use
the tagsetter interface on the pipeline to write the changed tags.

Stefan