[gst-devel] Namespaces

Mark Beihoffer mbeihoffer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:37:21 CET 2009

Just my 2 cents:

I like the Harrier namespace better than the GOD namespace for conventional
reasons. But, even "Albatross" would probably fly a little bit better than
just GOD. If you want to go omnipotent, however, you can't go wrong with the
Flying Spaghetti Monster (but the code can be a real bear to maintain.)

Frankly, I'd be fine with anything playing along nice with D-BUS, as long as
the namespace is cleared with the appropriate Zen/God/Odin Zeus/Isis/Hera
authorit(y|ies) before just deploying stuff all willy-nilly over the place
(or making the API really really really hard to find.)

I like Gstreamer and what I've seen of it so far is incredible, but it would
be nice to know what type of angry god I will provoke mucking around with my
installation, or if it's truly Zen, then we're all cool.

If it's DarkOverLordXenu, I'd say there might be issues, but then again,
I've dealt with him before and he's not such a bad chap.

My vote is for the Harrier namespace, since *everyone* can use one of those.

- Mark Beihoffer
a.k.a. Jack Merlot