[gst-devel] Question on codec_data for H.264 when ES has AnnexB package

Chen, Weian weian.chen at intel.com
Wed Dec 16 08:38:08 CET 2009

Hi All

I can get the H.264 ES stream (AnnexB Package) from HW encoder in my encoder element, and I also can get sps/pps NAL unit from the ES, but when I fill the codec_data (decoder configuration record) according to spec, then write the stream into mp4 file format, but the dump *.mp4 is not playable.

And the difference between my HW encoder and x264enc is the ES output from HW is AnnexB package and x264enc isn't.

Could anybody here tell me the reason? Can AnnexB stream have codec_data?

Thanks in advance.

Weian