[gst-devel] Checking if a resource exists in gstreamer

sledge hammer sledgehammer_999 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:38:40 CET 2009

As far as I know, the gstelement that handles the URI should emit a message on the bus. You should have code that catches handles GST_MESSAGE_ERROR that is posted on the bus. There you should shutdown the pipeline and inform the user.

If this doesn't happen and gstreamer just crashes all together, then I don't know...