[gst-devel] how is buffering percentage implemented in playbin

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Thu Dec 17 12:09:26 CET 2009

I am writing an application where in I want to show the buffering status.
Is it not possible to monitor the level of queue in an application?

My motto is to display the buffering status something as below.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+
* *|*                          Buffering Progress Bar*

 |    |*=======*|...........|...........|...........|...........|...........|...........|...........|...........|

 |    0      10     20     30     40      50    60     70     80     90
100      |
* |    20%
complete
|*
 |     |<------------------------  *Total

I want to continuously show how much percent is been downloaded and how much
is
remaining. And also I want to start the playback only after say 10% of the
total data is
downloaded so as to get the uninterrupted playback.

Can you please suggest some ideas on this.

Thanks,
Jyoti