[gst-devel] Write an audio data stream to file with GStreamer

Markus Luttenberger m.luttenberger at avibit.com
Thu Dec 17 15:03:49 CET 2009

Hey,

I read through the GStreamer manual and searched in the internet but I
don't really find a way to write an audio stream (bytes of audio data)
to a file, preferably a wav file.

I found a plugin called 'afsink' which seems to be able to write a wav
file. But I don't know what my data source shall be. Is there a sort of
buffer which I can hand over my data stream? Or can I directly feed the
sink? I only found examples which read audio data from a file!

Currently I'm using GStreamer 0.8.7 due restrictions. Please tell me if
this version is too old for this kind of job.

greetings..
..Markus