[gst-devel] Write an audio data stream to file with GStreamer

Markus Luttenberger m.luttenberger at avibit.com
Thu Dec 17 16:20:55 CET 2009

Vladimir Eremeev schrieb:
> Markus Luttenberger wrote:
>>> I read through the GStreamer manual and searched in the internet but I
>>> don't really find a way to write an audio stream (bytes of audio data)
>>                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> to a file, preferably a wav file.
>> Data from memory, to be more specific...
>>

> If your task as simple as just to encode audio samples from memory and write
> them to a file in any suitable format (WAV, ASF, MP3, something else), I'd
> recommend using FFmpeg and its API (libavformat, libavcodec, etc).

Yes, I know it's quite simple. Actually, I've already done it using the
C library SNDFILE. But I need GStreamer as a cross-platform audio
library to play sound (also from memory!) and first I wanted to re-write
my WAVE file writer in order to get into GStreamer.

I cannot use FFmpeg because it's not installed. I am only allowed to
work with installed libraries that's why my GStreamer library is a
little bit old.

So, any specific tips for GStreamer?

greetings..
..Markus