[gst-devel] Getting the complete caps from rtph264pay

Farah Akhtar farahakhtar_24c at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 09:45:01 CET 2009

Thanks Jyoti. What I'm trying to do is this:

I am using gstreamer to stream h.264 files from a server to a client over RTP. The pipelines I create are:

Sender:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=akiyo.264 ! video/x-h264 ! rtph264pay pt=96 mtu=1024! udpsink host=203.12.12.12 port=42050 sync=false
Receiver:
gst-launch-0.10 udpsrc port=" +this.port + " ! rtph264depay ! h264parse  ! filesink location=rec_akiyo.264

I encode the sent file using the H.264 reference software with 'Slice mode' enabled and different schemes of slice-structures used. I want that each of the packets should contain one slice of the encoded video. Also, all the slices are not in the raster-scan order and so, packets wont be received to the receiver in the decoding order. The RFC 3984 specifies that I should use STAP-B packets with 'interleaved mode' of RTP enabled when NAL units are out of the decoding order.

Now, 'rtph264pay' does not expose any of the properties that could specify to the payloader the NAL unit type (STAP-B) or set the 'interleaved mode' even though running the commands with -v param does give some caps that contain 'sprop-parameter-set'. Since 'interleave mode' is also a part of the 'sprop-parameter-set', I was wondering if there is a way to SET these parameters instead of just GETing them with -v. Also, I'm not sure if the functionality is even implemented in the 'rtph264pay' for interleave mode. So, I wanted to ask if this payloader implements the whole of rfc 3984 or not.

Please note that I am using gstreamer from linux shell (as can be seen from the pipelines). I would like best not to have to go into changing the gstreamer but if it is necessary, please guide me.

Thanks.