[gst-devel] Usage of gst_pad_alloc_buffer in source elements ?

Lionel Landwerlin llandwerlin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 10:47:28 CET 2009

Hi gstreamer-devel,

I'm interested in writing a bunch of plugins/elements to get gstreamer
perform well enough to display SD/HD videos on a set top box chip.
>From my firsts investigations, it seems quite possible and development
should start quite soon. However, after reading a few article about
gstreamer on TI OMAP chips (this one in particular
http://www.eetimes.com/news/design/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=193401461&pgno=2
),
I'm wondering why most of the source elements does not use the
gst_pad_alloc_buffer function.

In my case, this would be quite interesting to avoid a memory copy and
to directly write into a contigeous dma mmapped buffer.

Is it something to be done ?
Is there a very few interest from the community ?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

--
Lionel Landwerlin