[gst-devel] How to make playbin to redraw frames on seek?

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:41:34 CET 2009

Julien Moutte-2 wrote:

> What video sink are you using ? It does not appear in your code sample.

Video sink was generated automatically.
I've dumped an image using GST_DEBUG_BIN_TO_DOT_FILE, it appeared
"videosink-actual-sink-dshowvideo".

Julien Moutte-2 wrote:

> You should not have to set the pipeline to PAUSED state after you issued
> the
> seek, but that can depend on the exact use case of your application
> though.

This is a condition to my application, imposed by a client. The player has
to pause playback when the slider is clicked.
Anyway, this doesn't matter. The player also has a play/pause button, and
when I pause playback with the button, it doesn't redraw frames on seeking
in paused state.

I've downloaded the GStreamer-Winbuild from here:
http://www.gstreamer-winbuild.ylatuya.es/