[gst-devel] what's the reason for 'returned caps which are not a real subset of its template caps'?

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Wed Dec 23 09:57:53 CET 2009

When I use my customized camera src element, there is one warning that:
'returned caps which are not a real subset of its template caps'
Could anyone kindly tell me where is root reason?
How to fix it?
Thanks.

I guess there are two possible reasons:
1. I added 'video/x-raw-va' for my camera src caps, which is not included in base src.
2. Pad template (shows by gst-inspect?) doesn't match with _get_caps during run-time. See attachment.

ZHAO, Halley (Aihua)
Email: halley.zhao at intel.com<BLOCKED::mailto:aihua.zhao at intel.com>
Tel: +86(21)61166476
iNet: 8821-6476