[gst-devel] streaming - auth

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 00:50:44 CET 2009

Hi,

Most of the time, using "download helper" plugin for firefox I can get the
"playable" uri. (not only well known web site like youtube etc...)
But I tried on the web site www.rtl.fr, I selected randomly a video and
"download helper" plugin said:
http://v.kewego.com/v/5/0992/37PPGYC6*.mp4*?*key*%3D20d855c7a7fd99fc

Note the http://....mp4? key%...
So it seems that key%... is used for authentification or something else.

Then I tried to play to play it with gstreamer:
-- gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri="
http://v.kewego.com/v/5/0992/37PPGYC6.mp4?key%3D20d855c7a7fd99fc"
but I got the same result as if I do not put the key stuff, I mean I got the
same result as
-- gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri="http://v.kewego.com/v/5/0992/37PPGYC6.mp4"

result ->403 Forbidden
Sothe video is not playable with the pipeline.

But it's still working with:
firefox http://v.kewego.com/v/5/0992/37PPGYC6.mp4?key%3D20d855c7a7fd99fc

Is it possible to configure souphttpsrc for auth, maybe  user-pw property ?
cookies ?

Well, does anyone already encounter this kind of uri ?

Sincerely
Julien