[gst-devel] has anyone ported gstreamer-pitfdll to win32?

Shixin Zeng zeng.shixin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 21:07:47 CET 2009

Hi, all

on this weekend, I managed to compile totem 2.25.3 with mingw32. it
works fine except for gconf (which results in all plugins/settings
disabled) and ipc stuff (you have to launch with
"--no-existing-session"). But when I tried to play an rmvb file, it
complained "No real 40 video/audio decoder found", I then realized
it's because I didn't have pitfdll plugin. With the first glimpse on
the source code of gstreamer-pitfdll, I find it involves some wine
stuffs, so a port to the source code, rather than a simple
compilation, is needed to make it work on windows. So I'm wondering if
anyone has any familiarity with this plugin and can give some hints on
how to port it?

Best Regards

Shixin Zeng