[gst-devel] transcoding file to h264 and aac format

Jyoti D jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Mon Feb 2 11:20:41 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am currrently looking into transcoding a media file.
My task is to get video in H.264 format, and audio in AAC format.

Currently am able to transcode only video into H.264 using the below
pipeline

gst-launch-0.10 uridecodebin uri=file:///<file location> ! x264enc ! avimux
! filesink location=<file location>

I want to transcode audio also in AAC along with the video. I tried with
following pipeline but no luck till now. Could someone help me regarding the
same.

gst-launch avimux name=mux ! filesink location=<file location> sync=true
filesrc location=<I/P location> do-timestamp=true ! qtdemux name=demux
demux.video_00 ! 'video/x-264'   ! queue ! mux.video_00  demux.audio_00 !
'audio/mpeg' ! queue !  faad ! audioconvert ! faac ! queue ! mux.audio_00

Thanks,
Jyoti