[gst-devel] GIT conversion ... DONE

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 15:15:12 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 11:33 +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:

> > Just to make it clear one last time. We're not rebasing the main modules
> > for such trivial issues.
>
> I understand, I just want to make it clear that there are issues,

Why, what's the point?

> I found another one:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/commit/?id=4594d70939a6ae0fbfb5761eb5cf4d56d4d914d5
>
> Author:
> Trivial commit, anonymous here <anonymous.hero at somewhere>

This is a problem with the CVS repository data. Some commits map to
made-up user IDs instead of user accounts. We've been able to guess the
author of some of those commits from the ChangeLog entry or from the
code committed, but not all (they're all trivial commits iirc, so it
doesn't really matter that much anyway).

Cheers
 -Tim