[gst-devel] GStreamer history in codeswarm visualization

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:11:28 CET 2009

Hi,

Thanks to the git conversion it was easy for me to generate a video
visualization of the whole history of the GStreamer project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-LjU1xJ3gM

I used codeswarm.rb[1], a tool I wrote based on the original
codeswarm. It uses ruby and cairo.

Why? Mainly because it's cool, but also I think it helps to understand
how the project has evolved, and who is who.

I gathered the information of all the gstreamer repos, except gnolin
(I'm not sure of it's relevancy) and gst-openmax (I forgot). But
hopefully this won't be the only try (I'm still missing the tags). The
video is now in normal quality but probably in a while the 'high
quality' option will appear in YouTube (I uploaded it in VGA
resolution).

It's a little ironic that I used mencoder for the video encoding and
that's what I recommend in the README file of codeswarm.rb. /me shrugs

Cheers.

[1] http://github.com/felipec/codeswarm.rb

--
Felipe Contreras