[gst-devel] Streaming FLV files in http

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Feb 4 09:28:33 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 09:24 +0100, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:
> On Saturday 31 January 2009 12:18:38 Ivan Murashko wrote:
> > I have the same problem (want to stream with gstreamer via http). After a
> > small investigation I found that it's impossible to do it now with
> > available plugins. In my opinion it can be done only by creating an own
> > plugin.
>
>  I also needed that; however, in the end you'd need to implement a webserver
> in this plugin (parse HTTP headers, parse URLs, support SSL, ...).  So in the
> end I just wrote a php script that opens a UNIX socket and communicates this
> (via DBUS) to the GStreamer application.  The GStreamer application then
> either starts a new pipeline, or adds an fdsink to the running pipeline.

You could take a look at flumotion (http://www.flumotion.net/ )  which
is an HTTP streaming server based on GStreamer and Twisted.  The
CPU-intensive stuff is done by GStreamer pipelines, using multifdsink as
the element to actually send data to clients.

Thomas

--
I'm sick of spending these lonely nights
training myself not to care