[gst-devel] gst_tag_demux_trim_buffer: assertion failed: (out_size > 0)

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Thu Feb 5 04:01:24 CET 2009

I have written an application that scans a directory tree containing media
files (Ogg Vorbis and MP3) and reads the metadata associated with the
files. My application scans around 1000 files and then halts with the
following error:

ERROR:gsttagdemux.c:418:gst_tag_demux_trim_buffer: assertion failed:
(out_size > 0)

Running "gst-launch filesrc location=x ! decodebin -t" on the same file
works fine -- it prints out the file's metadata.

I have found this error generated by another application, brasero:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bug/293776

I don't have any experience with brasero or Ubuntu, but found this issue
when I searched for my problem on the Internet.

I distilled the core of the code that causes the error and attached it to
this email. All of my application has been removed except for the
directory tree traverse and metadata read.

Could this be an issue with the GStreamer libraries?

Mike