[gst-devel] Any plans to deprecate changelog?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Feb 8 16:20:58 CET 2009

Hi,

Are there any plans to deprecate your manual ChangeLog editing?

The reason I ask is that I was trying to cherry-pick a few patches from
-good master to the 10-13 release and tall the cherry-picks failed due
to errors merging in the ChangeLog file.

Quite frankly by manually editing the ChangeLog with every commit it
pretty much makes one of the useful features of git (cherry-pick) quite
unwieldy.

I'd imagine this is just fall out from CVS conversion etc. and that the
practices will change eventually and that you'll probably adopt a
similar module ot other FDO projects in which the ChangeLog is generate
from the git commit short-log at release time/tarball generation.

Cheers

Col

--

Colin Guthrie