[gst-devel] regarding decodebin

Jyoti D jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Mon Feb 9 08:09:54 CET 2009

Hi All,

I have a mpeg media file with audio and video content.
video caps = video/mpeg, systemstream=(boolean)true, mpegversion=(int)1
audio caps = audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)1.

I am using the below pipeline to play the file

gst-launch filesrc location=/home/Alien.mpg ! decodebin name=dec dec. !
queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink dec. ! queue ! audioconvert !
autoaudiosink -v

But file doesn't play with this launch line. The video freezes after the
first frame and I don't hear any audio too.
But when I am constructing the pipeline using the plugins used by decodebin
the file plays well. I don't understand whats the difference. Below is the
pipeline constructed using the plugins used by decodebin for this particular
file.

gst-launch filesrc location=/home/Alien.mpg ! mpegpsdemux name=demux demux.
! queue ! mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink demux. ! queue !
mp3parse ! mad ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink

Thanks