[gst-devel] Using gnonlin to extract time segments from a video file

Rodrigo Manhães rmanhaes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 04:32:29 CET 2009

Hi,

I need to build a small command-line tool for extracting a time
segment from a video file, creating another video file as result
containing the desired segment. I've tried to do this creating a
pipeline whose source is a gnlfilesource and the sink is a filesink
and limiting the playback to the desired timebox.

I got good results on this same goal for audio files. For video files,
however, the gnlfilesource's properties for start and duration are
ignored. Has gnonlin some limitation in this sense or the problem is
in my code?

I've tried to do the same thing with gstreamer without gnonlin and
didn't get success.

The language I'm using is Python.

I thank any help or link for information.

[]'s
Rodrigo