[gst-devel] ffmux_mp4 : audio signal not emitted

Jyoti D jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Thu Feb 12 13:41:22 CET 2009

Hi all,

I have written a application to transcode given media file to H264 and AAC
video. The application works for most of the media files I checked. But in
one case where the input file is mpegts with video content->mpeg2video and
audio->mp2. The muxer doesn't emit a "pad-added" signal for audio stream
only, it emits signal for video stream.

The error is :

** (dec-check:30607): CRITICAL **: gst_ffmpegmux_request_new_pad: assertion
`ffmpegmux->opened == FALSE' failed

I get the request pad for both video and audio pads as below.

        mux_sinkpad = gst_element_get_request_pad (ffmux_mp4, "audio_0");
        if (mux_sinkpad ==  NULL) {
            g_print ("Error : get request pad : mux_sinkpad audio_0\n");
            return;
        }

Also I tried using the g_signal_connect (); function as below

g_signal_connect (GST_OBJECT (ffmux_mp4), "pad-added", G_CALLBACK
(cb_newpad_mux), NULL);

But the same error pops out.

Could some one help me regarding this?

Thanks