[gst-devel] Start recording from a webcam already playing

Marc marcsabat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 18:27:11 CET 2009

Hello,

Thanks to your advice I managed to adapt the webcam viewer in the pygst
tutorial (http://pygstdocs.berlios.de/pygst-tutorial/webcam-viewer.html) to
perfom on demand recording without needing to stop the webcam live preview.
You'll find the file attached to this mail. To overcome the timestamp issue
the application modifies the buffer timestamp (using the buffer-probe
approach).

I must say that this technique works way more fluently in an application
made in Clutter than the example presented here. I guess it may be because
the clutter version does not rescale the video output like the attached
example.

Thank for your wise advice, folks.