[gst-devel] How to register Gstreamer Plugin with Playbin so that playbin detect my plugins

Donny Viszneki donny.viszneki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 20:17:02 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:37 AM, rakesh sharma
<rakesh2.sharma at aricent.com> wrote:
> can any one please let me know what should be my caps...
> i tried using like this
> dec->sink_caps = gst_caps_from_string("video/mpeg, "
>                                "mpegversion = (int) [0, MAX] , "
>                                "systemstream = (boolean) [true, false] , "
>                                "codec_data=(buffer), "
>                                "width = (int) [ 0, MAX ], "
>                                "height = (int) [ 0, MAX ], "
>                                "framerate = (fraction) [ 1, MAX ]");
> but its not working.

Probably of no consequence: The width and height probably shouldn't be
zero in any video stream (can they?) so maybe width and height ranges
should be [1,MAX] instead of [0,MAX].

But it looks to my gstreamer-inexperienced eyes that your framerate
fraction might be the source of the problem. In gst-plugins-base
0.10.22 I found these two examples:

./tests/check/elements/videotestsrc.c:    "framerate = (fraction) [ 0/1, MAX ]"
./sys/ximage/ximagesink.c:        "framerate = (fraction) [ 0, MAX ], "

The first one confirmed (or so I thought) my suspicions about your
fraction range declaration, but the second one unconfirmed them :(

--
http://codebad.com/