[gst-devel] Forcing synchronisation in a specific part of a pipeline

SP GLE spglegle at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 18 09:29:43 CET 2009

Hello,

Using the following pipeline :
[filesrc]---->[rtppcmapay]---->[rtpdtmfmux]-----...--->[fakesink sync=true]
                                 /\
[rtpdtmfsrc]----------------------

When playing a DTMF the rtpdtmfmux locks the stream and unref all
buffers from the filesrc, but without syncing on the clock, so file
reading looses sync and all buffers are played as fast as possible.

How can we sync the filesrc part before injecting in rtpdtmfmux ?

We tried by adding an identity with sync=true but tis one requires
segments with GST_FORMAT_TIME and not BYTES as provided by filesrc.

The probleme can be reflected by this cmd :
A/ Working Pipeline
gst-launch filesrc location=toto.alaw ! "audio/x-alaw,rate=8000,channels=1" ! identity datarate=8000 ! rtppcmapay ! fakesink sync=true

B/ How to make previous cli works if disabling sync=true on fakesink.

Any idea is welcome :).

Regards.