[gst-devel] Using gnonlin to extract time segments from a video file

Rodrigo Manhães rmanhaes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 00:32:58 CET 2009

Hi,

2009/2/18 Edward Hervey <bilboed at gmail.com>:
>  Your code is fine, but the mpeg file is the culprit. Seeking in mpeg
> files is not 100% functional (yes, it sucks, really), and therefore
> gnonlin can't work effectivelly with those files :(

Ok! I tested the same code with ogg video files and worked fine. Thank you!

What format is better supported by gnonlin? I'll establish a canonical
video format for my application, so this information is very useful.

>> I understood your explanation, but I don't know how to program it. The
>> example you gave creates a gst.Caps object, but how do I set the caps
>> to the source or composition? I tried to do
>>
>> source.set_property('caps', gst.Caps("audio/x-raw-int"))
>
>  Make that "audio/x-raw-int;audio/x-raw-float" so that it allows any
> kind of raw audio to come out.

I tried to do this but I received the same GST_PAD_LINK_NOFORMAT error.

The form of setting caps I wrote above is correct? I've not found
references on doing this.

[]'s
Rodrigo