[gst-devel] can playbin handle the sink with decoding functions?

Liang Zhao liangzhao.bit at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 02:28:16 CET 2009

Hi,

If I have a audio sink with decoding functions, that means this audiosink
can decode encoded data and render it to audio device. Can playbin handle
this type audio sink well?

>From code, I find playbin is using decodebin to build pipeline, and
decodebin finds decoders from the caps in registry. In playbin, it will add
audiobin to route the decoded data to audio sink.  But if the decoder is
already a sink, the playbin still handles it well?
I hope guys can give me some helps.

Thanks

--
BRs.