[gst-devel] [gst-embedded] can playbin handle the sink withdecoding functions?

Dan Taylor dtaylor at startrac.com
Sat Feb 21 04:37:57 CET 2009

Since the function of playbin is to decide what decoders to use, and
this
platform already IS the decoder, why isn't this element simply replacing
playbin in the pipeline?  I don't understand the logic of using a
decoder-
match-and-connect element to front-end a decoder, unless there's an
option
of additional decoders, and this hardware is just one of the many.

source->[demux->]queue->hw_decoder->audio_sink

> ----
> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San
Francisco,