[gst-devel] gstreamer: Wim Taymans : Add message to request a state change

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Feb 21 13:30:21 CET 2009

Felipe Contreras schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I picked this commit as an example because actually I have some comments:
>
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:54 AM,  <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Module: gstreamer
>> Branch: master
>> Commit: 4b986a4a94c436a3d1dac443ad8da374fe38b6eb
>>
>> Author: Wim Taymans <wim.taymans at collabora.co.uk>
>> Date:   Wed Feb 18 15:31:55 2009 +0100
>>
>> Add message to request a state change
>
> <snip/>
>
>>         gst_message_parse_buffering (message, &percent);
>> -        if(!quiet)
>> +        if (!quiet)
>>           fprintf (stderr, "%s %d%%  \r", _("buffering..."), percent);
>
> This has nothing to do with 'adding a message to request a state
> change' right? So I guess ideally it should be in a separate commit;
> it just adds noise here.

Do we want separate commits for gst-indent changes? The problem is that if there
are things that gst-indent complains about, it won't allow you to commit the
unindented code and then run indent and do a second commit with those changes.
And forcing someone to commit hunks manually sounds overkill to me.

Stefan