[gst-devel] Hi, question about seek on HTTP wav stream over either neonhttpsrc or gnomevfssrc.

Bob Forsman thoth at purplefrog.com
Wed Feb 18 19:44:48 CET 2009

In 44acbb800902151920n7611b099mba8d011b1799215 at mail.gmail.com, Donny Viszneki <donny.viszneki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know enough about gstreamer to diagnose your problem, but as
> you say that you want to stream WAV format media over HTTP with the
> expectation of *seeking* in that media, I thought I should point out
> that that sounds a little silly. What reason do you want to do this?
> Is there a reason you cannot use another format (WAV is completely
> uncompressed PCM audio sample data, it is enormous and not efficient
> for most applications.)

  Not all HTTP servers are on the other side of the internet.  More and
more of them will be inside your house in the future.

  Not all HTTP servers are apache.  More and more they will be embedded
in your cell phone and your CD player and your DVD jukebox and your car
stereo and your NAS appliance under the table in the spare bedroom.