[gst-devel] [RFC] DNS and new mailing lists

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:34:54 CET 2009

Hi all,

  Over the past few days I've been fixing most of the DNS issues on the
GStreamer domains (thanks to Omega).

  Now (www.)gstreamer.{net|org} will all direct you to the gstreamer
website.

  We also have build.gstreamer.org which will point you to the buildbot
reporting.

  Finally, and it's been something mentionned many times, we'd like to
move away from sourceforge.net completely, for which we only use the
mailman (mailing-lists) setup. Thanks to the freedesktop team we've now
got mailing-lists on freedesktop servers....

  ... But the question remain on what naming we want.

  We have the 2 possible setups ready to be used :

  * gstreamer-{commits|devel|security|announce}@lists.freedesktop.org

  OR

  * {commits|devel|security|announce}@lists.gstreamer.org

  Comments welcome on (1) whether to switch, (2) which naming scheme to
use.

  Once we've all come to an agreement it should be trivial to:
  * Switch all members from the sf.net lists to the new mailing-lists
(unsubcribing from one, subscribing to the other).
  * Move all archives from the sf.net lists to the new mailman setup.

    Edward