[gst-devel] Problem with pad blocking

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 05:38:14 CET 2009

Hello,

I have a case with pad blocking that I can't seem to be able to get out
of.

I have a pipeline like A->B->C where I want to change B. So I block A's
sink pad  with gst_pad_set_blocked_async(pad, TRUE, callback) and in the
callback I do {stuff(); pad_set_blocked_async(pad, FALSE,
do_nothing_callback);}..

The race I see is that another thread manages to do
gst_pad_set_blocked_async(pad, TRUE, callback) after I unblocked it
inside the callback, but before the function returns (or generally
before the PAD lock has been re-taken). So it gets in a situation where
the callback has been called, but the pad a been re-locked.. So nothing
will ever happen..

Am I missing something ?

--
Olivier Crête