[gst-devel] Using dvbsrc plugin

Dan Taylor dtaylor at startrac.com
Sat Feb 28 00:11:55 CET 2009

> Hi all,

>        I have a DVB-S2 card and i am using the following pipeline to
play and it works correctly,
>  gst-launch dvbsrc frequency=11030000 polarity=V symbol-rate=27500
code-rate-hp=3/4 diseqc-source=0 !
>decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink
>  But every time i lauch this pipeline it plays different channels. How
do i select a perticular channel which i want to
>watch?? if i use pids Properties and provide the PID of the channel
>  the pipeline dosent work. Can i change channles with out closing the
pipeline?

>  Thanks

The demultiplexer needs to know the Program Number for the channel you
want in the
Transport Stream that you tuned, since the TS can have many.

For example, with flutsdemux, you can pass the value with:
program-number=${PROGRAM}