[gst-devel] Getting an EOS signal on tcpserversrc

Rubén Medellín ruben.medellin.c at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 03:03:43 CET 2009

Hi.
I am developing an application using pygst and tcpserversrc with
tcpclientsink. Aside some unnecessary stuff for that matter, my program is
as the one in this tutorial [
http://www.jejik.com/articles/2007/01/streaming_audio_over_tcp_with_python-gstreamer/],
adding a bus_watch on each side (server and client) that listens for
an
EOS message.

I am aware that network streaming is used principally for live stream, but
in this case I want to be able to detect when a stream sent to the server
has ended. Tcpserversrc does not provide an EOS message after is not
receiving data, and I don't know if that is the functionality or is a bug.
In the debug file I can see that when the audio in the server, which goes
through an alsasink, has stopped playing, I get the following message:

basesrc gstbasesrc.c:2056:gst_base_src_loop:<tcpserversrc0> pausing after
gst_base_src_get_range() = wrong-state

but I am unable to find the reason for that error. The pipeline doesn't go
to NULL state neither.

Using gstreamer 0.10.18 with pygst 0.10.11

The same message can be obtained using the command lines at the server and
client sides, respectively

gst-launch-0.10 tcpserversrc host=localhost port=8080 ! decodebin !
audioconvert ! alsasink
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/home/test.mp3 ! tcpclientsink
host=localhost port=8080

The full debug file for the server is here [http://pastie.org/349940], with
the mentioned line highlighted.

Thanks in Advance